When and where is this year’s championship?
How do I enter the AWDF Championship?
How does my club submit a bid to host the Championship?
- When there is a call for bids, submit information including proposed dates, location, information on venue and tracking, host hotel, and any other information that will facilitate a decision to the AWDF Secretary. Preference will be given to bids that use a stadium for phases B and C.
How do we host the Championship?
To qualify for the FCI IGP Championship, the dog and handler must finish in the top seven at the AWDF IGP Championship, be eligible as per AWDF and FCI rules, and submit their completed FCI IGP Declaration and FCI IGP Committment forms by the required deadlines.
You must submit a commitment letter (link above) for the AWDF FCI IGP Championship Team along with $250.00 deposit the AWDF Secretary within five days of receiving a notice from us that you have made the AWDF FCI IGP Team.
To qualify for the FCI FH Championship, the FCI FH Declaration must be submitted by December 15 of the calendar year before the IGP-FH World Championship you are submitting for. You may use up to four (4) passing IGP-FH titles earned in the previous 12 months. If there is a tie for total points (in the following point system) then the highest pass/fail ration for ALL IGP-FH trials in the past 12 months will break the tie. If there is still a tie then it will go to total points (from trial scores) of the submitted trials (max 4). If still tied, the spot will go to the youngest dog. V – 8 Points SG – 7 Points G – 6 Points S – 4 Points.
You must submit a FCI FH Commitment Letter for the AWDF FCI FH Championship Team
along with $250.00 deposit the AWDF Secretary within five days of receiving a notice from us that you have made the AWDF FCI FH Championship Team.
Mondioring criteria can be found on the USMRA website: www.usmra.org
Member club information
How does my club apply to join AWDF?
How do we order scorebooks?
- Scorebook Order Form*this form is for AWDF clubs ordering scorebooks ONLY. Do not use this form if you are an individual looking to receive a scorebook for your dog. For individual orders, contact your breed or sport club.
How do we request an FCI judge?
What scorebooks can we accept for AWDF-affiliated trials?
- You can accept the following scorebooks:
- Those issued by any FCI recognized entity, including any AWDF member club.
- UScA scorebooks issued to German Shepherd Dogs by UScA before October 1, 2019 and validated by the WGSDPA
- You cannot accept UScA scorebooks issued to dogs that are represented by a breed club in the AWDF other than the WGSDPA, or any UScA scorebooks issued after October 1, 2019.
How can I find local clubs?
- AWDF Club List click on “Local Clubs”
How do I run for the AWDF board?
- If you are interested in running for a position, send your petition for nomination and nomination letter to the designated person in the Nomination Committee by the required date. You must be a member in good standing of a full member club of the AWDF to be eligible to run for office. Petition for Nomination: Board and Committee Members
How do I get an AWDF scorebook?
- Order the scorebook from your AWDF Member Club.
Where can I find the FCI rules for IGP?
- International Utility Dogs Regulations (IGP) (valid as from 01/01/2019)
Where can I find the FCI rules for Mondio?
What scorebooks are accepted at AWDF member club events?
- AWDF member clubs accept scorebooks from AWDF member organizations and the German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA). Scorebooks from any international FCI recognized organization are also accepted.
Why are GSDCA scorebooks accepted?
- GSDCA is recognized by the FCI even though they are not a member of the AWDF.
Are USCA scorebooks accepted for GSDs?
- USCA scorebooks are accepted for GSDs if issued before October 1, 2019. Stamps for eligible USCA scorebooks are available from the WGSDPA.
Are USCA scorebooks accepted for other breeds?
- USCA scorebooks issued after January 1, 2019 to other breeds are not accepted. Individual breed clubs may have further restrictions for championships, etc.
Is there a rule for the issuing of scorebooks by AWDF member clubs?
- As of January 1 2019 scorebooks for breeds for which there is an AWDF member breed club can only be issued by that breed club. However, any club can issue a scorebook to a dog that doesn’t have a breed club (for example a border collie) or to a dog that would be listed as a mix (for example, a GSD can receive a scorebook from the AWMA if listed as a mix). Sport clubs (DVG, USMRA, AHBA) can issue scorebooks to any breed of dog. Check with each club as to their requirements to obtain scorebooks.
Are handlers allowed to submit their DVG scorebook along with another FCI/AWDF scorebook at an AWDF member club’s trial?
- Yes, the judge can sign both scorebooks.
What memberships are accepted to enter AWDF member club trials?
- The handler must be a member of an AWDF member club and submit their membership card/information with their entry. There may be further restrictions for entry at regional and national championships. USCA memberships are not accepted.